Dancewave's Internship Program
Dancewave provides youth development through dance. We strongly believe that training and guiding future arts administrators is an essential and invaluable service to our community.
Dancewave offers 6-month internship opportunities to eligible candidates in areas such as School & Education Administration, Development & Fundraising and Marketing & Public Relations. Interns benefit from the chance to work alongside a team of highly motivated and professional individuals who are dedicated to an important cause. Added benefits include:
- Individual mentoring and professional development
- Participation in special events
- Complimentary dance & fitness classes
- Monthly transportation stipend
CURRENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Events & Production Intern
Dancewave seeks an Events & Production Intern to assist the Special Events, Education and Marketing departments in the production of Dancewave events: Dancing Through College & Beyond, Holiday Fiesta, Annual Gala, and more. This internship offers an excellent opportunity to gain active, hands-on experience in a non-profit arts organization. Skills cultivated during this internship will assist aspiring individuals pursue a career in event management, non-profit fundraising, and marketing/social media management.
- Respond to e-mail and telephone inquiries regarding events
- Process registration and payments in Dancewave's online database
- Explore opportunities to increase success of the events
- Assist with planning and execution leading up to and day-of events
- Assist in advertising and promoting the events, in conjunction with Marketing department
- Enthusiasm and excitement about Dancewave's mission and work
- Ability to be flexible and willing to assist in other tasks as assigned
- Dance production experience (stage management, house management, etc)
- Currently obtaining or have obtained an undergraduate degree
- Superb written and verbal skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Preferred: Knowledge of dance and interest in dance education
- Preferred: Familiarity with Salesforce (or similar)
Committment: Immediate start. Duration: 6 months; 20 hours/week
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject title "Events Intern"
No phone calls please!
Dancewave Interns Speak
MARIAH MARTENS D-Wave in Education Coordinator, Dancewave
(Arts in Education Intern at Dancewave, 2015)
"Working in arts administration is not easy, and it’s often a very thankless job, especially as someone used to performing and moving. But working as the D-Wave in Motion, Education Outreach Intern, I learned that it is probably one of THE most important jobs. And if I’m not going to do it, or others like me aren’t going to do it, who is? The arts, and dance especially, needs intelligent, hard-working, dedicated people willing to sit at a desk and write grants, plan workshops, professional developments and advocate to local and federal governments for funding. We need arts administrators who support working artist, students, teachers and our communities. Interning at Dancewave opened my eyes to all of this and needless to say I was honored when they asked me to continue as staff member and coordinator of our arts in education outreach program - D-Wave in Motion."
CHARLEY HARRIS Administrative Assistant at Martha Graham
(Education Intern, 2015-2016)
"Dancewave is a wonderful organization, not only for the education and services they provide their students but also the support it gives its staff and interns. My time as the Education intern was nothing short of enlightening. While I gained valuable experience in arts education, I was also able to get a sense of the other facets that allow this organization to run. Diane and her team allowed me to take the lead on projects and speak freely in discussions, which helped boost my self confidence in professional settings. Working with Dancewave has been one of the best times of my budding career."