YOUTH LEADERSHIP COUNCIL
As part of this year-long program, students participating in the Youth Leadership Council (YLC) will develop their own individual and unique voices as they cultivate project management and leadership skills, working with peers to create their own activities and events.
Dancewave is working with up to 20 young people ages 11-18 years old, with an interest and passion for leadership in dance, as part of their Youth Leadership Council (YLC). Dancewave’s YLC Member Benefits:
- Personal and Professional Skill Development – Develop project management and leadership skills by producing your own projects and events at Dancewave.
- Develop Your Individual Voice – Express your unique voice and have positive impact on the Dancewave community.
- College and Career Readiness – The skills developed through the YLC will be great to include on your college and future career applications. You’ll also have chance to talk to an arts professional mentor for advice and guidance.
- Join a Network of City-wide Youth Leaders – Get the chance to share your experience with other Youth Leaders in NYC and around the world.
- Receive a Certificate of Achievement signed by the Mayor – Receive recognition from the NYC Mayor as a valued YLC member.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2018-2019
To join the YLC, candidates will complete a short application form and agree to attend all meeting dates throughout the year (meeting and program details here).
Application deadline for 2018-2019 is September 28. APPLY HERE.
Contact: Phoebe DiVincenzi, YLC Coordinator, email@example.com