At Dancewave we believe in leveraging our institutional power to reimagine a dance ecosystem that prioritizes equity, community and empowerment. We believe that part of that work is making resources readily available to YOU, our cherished community, so we’ve created this page to do just that!
Have resources to share? Submit them HERE and we’ll make them available to our community.
For safety or medical emergencies, please call 911
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline - 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233 or Text LOVEIS to 22522
- New York State's COVID-19 Emotional Support Helpline - 844-863-9314
Finding a Mental Health Provider
- Just Davia - Directories for therapists of color
- Black Mental Health Alliance - Connect with a therapist
- Zencare - Affordable Therapists in New York
- BEAM - Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective
- Cerebral Palsy Guide - Helping Students with Cerebral Palsy
- Students with Disabilities: Special Education Categories - Video
- Mixed-Ability Dance: Helping Students With Special Needs Grow and Learn
- Emotional & Behaviorally Disturbed Students - Video
- Dance For Young Adults On The Autism Spectrum
- 30 Activities, Teaching Strategies, and Resources for Teaching Children with Autism
- Resources and Support for Students with Autism: Strategies and Tips for Schools Success
- About Universal Design for Learning
- Language Guide
- Black Teaching Artist Lab -This survey is for Black-identifying teaching artists, creating and teaching in all artistic backgrounds, working in all settings and educational environments, such as schools, after-schools and community organizations, jails, prisons, and/or social services agencies.
- DEAR (Digital Evolution/Artist Retention) Fellowship - designed to give participating artists and arts practitioners of African descent the opportunity to connect, reflect, and strategize in a community of peers committed to growth and adaptation.
- Teach With Give - Free online resources created by Teaching Artists for Teaching Artists working in Integrated Co-Teaching (ICT) Classrooms in New York City and beyond
- Latinx Dance Educators Alliance - A resource site for educators, and aims to hold space for thoughtful exchange in sharing perspectives from our lived experiences as Latinx/a/o and Hispanic dance educators
- Thinking about Thinking: Dance Education and 4E Cognition - Matthew Henley PhD, MFA
- The Social Nature of Cognition in Dance: The Impact of Group Interaction on Dance Education Practices - Miriam Giguere, PhD
- Competition and Cognition: Theorizing an Autopoietic Pedagogy of Performance within Competitive Dance - Jesse Katen
- Creating Thinking: Immersive Dance Theater as 4E Cognition in the Wild - Denise Purvis MFA
- Pattern Play: The Case for Dance in College Mathematics and Beyond - Erik Stern MFA & Rachel Bachman EdD, MAT
- Stories of West African and House Dance Pedagogies: 4E Cognition Meet Rhythmic Virtuosity - Ojeya Cruz Banks , PhD
- Staging Affectivity through Expressive Dance Movement: The 60+ Community Dance Program at Copenhagen’s Dansekapellet - Robin Conrad PhD, MFA
- The Extended Mind: Physical Tools to Expand Cognition in the Collegiate Modern Dance Class - Christi Camper Moore PhD & David Richard Moore Ph