Registration/Tickets required for all #StandWithDancewave events.
All tickets are tax-deductible.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 24 - 7:00-8:15pm EST
Maleek Washington on Creativity in a Time of Crisis
Join Dancewave for an intimate conversation with renowned dance artist Maleek Washington and emerging artist and alum Tess Strohm. Gain insight into the creative process, learn how education and training informs and enhances creative expression, and hear how artists negotiate the various social, political and personal challenges through their art making.
Moderated by Dancewave's Artistic Advisory Council Chair, Tiffany Mellard, and Executive Director, Nicole Touzien.
MAY 3-11 - VARIOUS TIMES
Free Company Student Showings
See the students in action! Behind-the-scenes view of Company Rehearsal
- MONDAY, MAY 3 - 6:00-6:30pm EST - Dancewave Company I (DCI) Ages 16-18
- THURSDAY, MAY 6 - 5:45-6:15pm EST - Youth Modern Company (YMC) Ages 9-11
- SATURDAY, MAY 8 - 5:00-5:30pm EST - Dancewave Company II (DCII) Ages 13-16
- MONDAY, MAY 10 - 5:00-5:30pm EST - Creative Modern Company (CMC) Ages 7-9
- TUESDAY, MAY 11 - 6:00-6:30pm EST - Dancewave Company III (DCIII) Ages 11-13
THURSDAY, APRIL 29 - 6:00-7:30pm EST
Hip Hop Master Class with Balta Monkiki
Balta's Hip Hop dance style is unique, often fusing Whacking, Latin, and other cultural dance styles. Balta's Master Class is designed to reflect a celebration of life - come with an open mind and heart, ready for an adventurous and wholesome movement experience. Get ready to have fun feeling self expressed and completely comfortable in your own skin!
THURSDAY, MAY 13 - 6:00-7:30pm EST
Modern Master Class with The DynamitExperience (TDE)
Through exercises grounded in Modern, Ballet and Pilobolus-inspired ideologies and concepts, TDE's class is designed as an opportunity to explore individual boundaries of space, a wide movement range, and the duality of the relationship between the dancer and their surroundings. In a safe and collaborative environment, students are challenged to make choices as they explore new methodologies, interpret, connect and respond to musical elements to ultimately uncover their movement preferences. Open to dancers ages 16+ of all levels and backgrounds.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 19 - 6:30-7:30pm EST
Virtual Spring Benefit - "The Main Event!"
Virtual Benefit offers an opportunity for the Dancewave community to raise funds and awareness in support of equitable and tuition-free access to our Youth Company Program. Don't miss:
- Exclusive documentary video premiere featuring archival Company footage
- Appearances from Founder Diane Jacobowitz, Honorees Sabrina LeBlanc & Grace Freedman, and special surprise guests.
- Emcee Jason Carter - (pictured) Hollywood and Television personality seen on VH1, NBC, Entertainment Tonight and more!