Join Dancewave’s YLC!
Dancewave’s Youth Leadership Council (YLC) is part of a citywide advocacy program for teens run by NYC Service in partnership with the NYC Mayor’s Office. Seeking young leaders ages 13-18: Apply through our form below or find us through the NYC Service website (Brooklyn). Application open through October 19, 2020.
2020-2021 Meeting Dates: Fridays from 5:00-6:00pm
October 23 ○ November 20 ○ December 18 ○ January 22 ○ February 26 ○ March 19 ○ April 23 ○ May 21
Learn how to influence your neighborhood and city through our free, year-long program. NYC Youth Leadership Councils (YLCs) are a network of youth groups focused on policy, practice, and advocacy to make local change happen. Dancewave’s YLC has been integral to keeping social justice at the forefront of Dancewave’s impact. Through an examination of youth-led historical movements, current events and media influence, Dancewave holds space for youth to dialog, connect and support each other as ambassadors of change and forward thinking.
Develop your own individual and unique voice. Cultivate project management and leadership skills. Teens in our program work together to turn a passion for social activism and leadership into real change by creating their own activities and events to engage peers and their community.
Dancewave’s YLC Member Benefits
○ Personal and Professional Skill Development – Develop project management and leadership skills by producing your own projects and events at Dancewave.
○ Develop Your Individual Voice – Express your unique voice and have positive impact on the Dancewave community.
○ College and Career Readiness – The skills developed through the YLC will be great to include on your college and future career applications. You’ll also have chance to talk to an arts professional mentor for advice and guidance.
○ Join a Network of City-wide Youth Leaders – Get the chance to share your experience with other Youth Leaders in NYC and around the world.
○ Receive a Certificate of Achievement signed by the Mayor – Receive recognition from the NYC Mayor as a valued YLC member.