Youth Leadership Council (YLC) is a year-long program in which students develop their own individual and unique voices as they cultivate project management and leadership skills. Young people ages 11-18 years old work together to turn a passion for dance into community activism and change by creating their own activities and events to engage peers and their community.
Dancewave’s YLC Member Benefits
○ Personal and Professional Skill Development – Develop project management and leadership skills by producing your own projects and events at Dancewave.
○ Develop Your Individual Voice – Express your unique voice and have positive impact on the Dancewave community.
○ College and Career Readiness – The skills developed through the YLC will be great to include on your college and future career applications. You’ll also have chance to talk to an arts professional mentor for advice and guidance.
○ Join a Network of City-wide Youth Leaders – Get the chance to share your experience with other Youth Leaders in NYC and around the world.
○ Receive a Certificate of Achievement signed by the Mayor – Receive recognition from the NYC Mayor as a valued YLC member.