Join Dancewave for a shared community experience and much-needed moment of fun!
Join Dancewave staff, friends and supporters on Thursday, October 29 at 6:00pm Eastern for an energetic and easy-to-follow along 20-minute Bollywood dance class with Pooja Uberoi, followed by a toast to celebrate Dancewave as we enter our 26th year of service. This is a free community celebration, however donations are deeply appreciated.
Dancewave’s Community Impact in 2019:
- Opened a new dance and community center in Gowanus, reaching 30% more youth and community members
- Reached 6,000 youth through programs at Dancewave and school residency programs
- Served 1,400 adults through on-site classes, rentals and senior center programming
- Provided $45,000 in need-based scholarships for study at the Dancewave Center
- Taught dance residencies in over 50 schools and community centers in a 5 boroughs of NYC
- Expansion of the Dancewave Through College & Beyond program, allowing hundreds of students each year to access college dance opportunities. To date, over $4.5 million in college scholarships have been offered to attendees by the attending colleges.
- Offered our first-ever Artist-in-Residence Program at the new Dancewave Center
- Expanded our Strategies for Young Artist Citizens Training for NYC arts educators citywide with support from the National Endowment for the Arts
- Provided cutting edge youth development practices through our Youth Leadership Council (YLC), free and open to all NYC youth interested in leadership opportunities
All donations are tax-deductible.
Checks may be addressed to: Dancewave, 182 4th Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11217
We appreciate your generosity and support. Thank you!
Contribute in Other Ways
○ Donate auction and raffle items
○ Donate tickets to performances to further Dancewave students’ education and breadth of experience
○ Donate services, such as printing and advertising to help reduce the cost of producing our annual events
○ Volunteer! We can always use extra hands throughout the year at events and during busy times. Visit our Volunteer page to find out more!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how your contribution can make a difference!
Photo by Effy Grey