Following New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s Emergency Executive Order 225, people ages 12 or older entering a covered entity will be required to display proof of COVID-19 vaccination and identification bearing the same identifying information as the proof of vaccination.
As a covered entity, Dancewave will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination and valid identification upon entering the facility for all staff, interns, volunteers and patrons. These documents can be displayed through any of the following options:
- A photo or hard copy of their CDC vaccination card
- NYC COVID Safe App
- New York State Excelsior App
- Official vaccine record
- A photo or hard copy of an official vaccination record of a vaccine administered outside the United States for one of the following vaccines: AstraZeneca/SK Bioscience, Serum Institute of India/COVISHIELD and Vaxzevria, Sinopharm, or Sinovac
Dancewave holds the health and safety of our community as a top priority, and we appreciate your support and cooperation with this policy. Thank you!
DANCEWAVE REOPENING SAFETY GUIDELINES
The following is a summary of actions and preventive measures outlined in the Business Safety Reopening Plan by the NYS Department of Health that has been adapted to fit the specific needs of the Dancewave Center. The summary below has been created to support our community while we continue to refine our reopening plan in accordance with CDC guidelines, and executive orders from local, state, and federal Government officials. Dancewave will continue to update changes to our reopening plan on our website.
Dancewave Staff is here to provide support to our patrons and answer any questions you may have about new health & safety procedures and policy changes. If you have questions or concerns at any time, feel free to email us.
Employee & Patron Health Safety Measures
- Occupancy Dancewave Center is currently operating with reduced capacity for all activities in the facility.
- Personal Protective Equipment Masks and gloves will be issued at no additional cost to Staff members, students and families as needed
- Mask Requirements Mask wearing is strongly recommended for all individuals, and is required for individuals under the age of 12.
- Physical Distancing floor markings will denote recommended social distancing in communal areas and in the studio space.
- No-touch policy Refrain from touching studio mirrors, curtains, and equipment while in the space. Staff can assist with these items if needed.
- Hand Sanitizer dispensers containing 60% or more alcohol will be placed at contact areas such as the reception area, lobby area, studio entrance etc.
- Health Screening Beginning August 31, 2021, proof of vaccination and valid identification must be shown upon entry for all individuals ages 12+. For those under the age of 12, they will be required to complete a health screening prior to or upon entry.
Redesigning our Space
- Ventilation Concentrated indoor air will be reduced with use of supplemental fans, increased circulation with our HVAC system, and propped open doorways when suitable.
- No Touch Infrastructure automatic touchless faucets, hand dryers, and toilet flushers and water bottle fill station.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Hygiene and Sanitation requirements enforced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and NYS Department of Health (DOH) will be maintained through daily routine cleanings and weekly deep-cleanings. Each cleaning will be documented with date, time and scope of cleaning.
- Cleaning Procedures Dancewave studio and high-touch areas will be thoroughly disinfected after each studio use between classes and reservations with strict use of EPA-approved cleaning products.
- Use of props limited whenever possible. Any class items or props used (yoga mats, balls, dots, etc.) will be cleaned before and after every use.
Communications & Reporting
- Signage is located throughout the site to remind personnel to adhere to proper hygiene, social distancing requirements, appropriate use of PPE, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
- Response & Reporting Staff members have been trained on how to respond to and report any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the premises to local health officials.
- Suspected Case Staff members or patrons who are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 while at the Dancewave Center will be instructed to immediately notify the COVID Compliance Officer (indicated at front desk) and will be safely ushered from the facility.
- Positive Case If a positive case is communicated to COVID Compliance Officer or any other Dancewave staff, the facility will be closed for deep cleaning and all parties that may have been exposed will be notified.
New York City and Statewide COVID-19 updates (click here)
Government Mandates per State (click here)
New York State Reopening Phases (click here)
Daily Health Data from NYC Schools (click here)
Center for Disease Control COVID Reopening Guidelines (click here)
OSHA Guidance for Reopening Workplaces (click here)
Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments (click here)