Dancewave’s reopening timeline adheres to New York Forward Reopening Guidelines, and is subject to change based on organizational needs and city, state and/or federal mandates and applicable guidance.
Each stage of Dancewave’s reopening timeline may be adjusted based on the above-named needs, mandates and guidance.
Outlined below are the three stages of Dancewave operations for the 2020-2021 fiscal year.
STAGE 1: VIRTUAL ONLY OPERATIONS ○ Effective currently
Adult and youth educational programming will remain 100% virtual
Studio rentals will commence with limited availability, operating at 35% occupant capacity
STAGE 2: HYBRID VIRTUAL/ON-SITE OPERATIONS
Adult and youth educational programming will be offered as hybrid virtual and on-site options
Studio rentals will remain limited, operating at 50% occupant capacity
STAGE 3: FULL ON-SITE OPERATIONS
Adult and youth educational programming will resume “in-person” operations
Studio rentals will be available, operating at full capacity
Dancewave’s management will conduct a periodic review process to closely monitor COVID-19 related activity surrounding our community. If related activities worsen, Dancewave is committed to drawing back to an earlier reopening stage to protect the health and safety of our Staff and Visitors.
As required by New York State, Dancewave has taken the following measures required to reopen our organization:
Develop an official Safety Plan, submitted to state authorities on September 22, 2020 and posed at the work site. Affirm that we have reviewed, comply and will implement State-issued industry guidelines. Submit the affirmation form issued by the State of New York on September 22, 2020
DANCEWAVE REOPENING SAFETY GUIDELINES
The following is a summary of actions and preventive measures outlined in the Business Safety Reopening Plan by the NYS Department of Health that has been adapted to fit the specific needs of the Dancewave Center. The summary below has been created to support our community while we continue to refine our reopening plan in accordance with CDC guidelines, and executive orders from local, state, and federal Government officials. Dancewave will continue to update changes to our reopening plan on our website.
Dancewave Staff is here to provide support to our patrons and answer any questions you may have about new health & safety procedures and policy changes. If you have questions or concerns at any time, feel free to email us.
Employee & Patron Health Safety Measures
- Occupancy As per current capacity limitations, the Dancewave Center will operate under a 25% capacity for all activities in the facility.
- Trained Staff An extensive and thorough Staff training has been conducted prior to reopening.
- Personal Protective Equipment Masks and gloves will be issued at no additional cost to Staff members, students and families as needed
- Mask Requirements Masks are required in the communal lobby areas & restrooms by Staff & Patrons. Masks are encouraged to be worn in the studio but are not required, as physical distancing will be enforced in the studio.
- Physical Distancing floor markings will denote recommended 6ft social distancing to be followed in communal areas, and 10ft distancing to be followed in the studio space
- No-touch policy to limit the spread of viral germs. Students are discouraged from touching Studio mirrors, curtains, and equipment while in the space.
- Hygiene stations for personnel will be provided including handwashing with soap, water, and paper towels, or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing 60% or more alcohol for areas where handwashing is not feasible.
- Hand Sanitizer dispensers containing 60% or more alcohol will be placed at contact areas such as the reception area, lobby area, studio entrance etc.
- Health Screening Mandatory health screening assessment for all staff and patrons before entering the facility, covering: temperature checks, COVID-19 symptoms, domestic & international travel in past 14 days, and level of exposure to COVID-19 in past 14 days.
Redesigning our Space
- Discontinued common areas Communal spaces and functions will be taped off, including common area chairs, tables, and water fountains.
- Ventilation Concentrated indoor air will be reduced with use of supplemental fans, increased circulation with our HVAC system, and propped open doorways when suitable.
- No Touch Infrastructure automatic touchless faucets, hand dryers, and toilet flushers and water bottle fill station.
- Flow of traffic Floor markings will direct Patrons in one-way system and travel routes.
- Entrance & Exit Dancewave facility floor plan and egress routes redesigned to accommodate social-distancing needs. Only one patron moving through an entrance or exit at a time.
- Signage throughout the site to remind staff and patrons to adhere to proper hygiene, social distancing rules, appropriate use of PPE, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Hygiene and Sanitation requirements enforced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and NYS Department of Health (DOH) will be maintained through daily routine cleanings and weekly deep-cleanings. Each cleaning will be documented with date, time and scope of cleaning.
- Cleaning Procedures Dancewave studio and high-touch areas will be thoroughly disinfected after each studio use between classes and reservations with strict use of EPA-approved cleaning products.
- High-touch areas disinfected and documented hourly by a Staff member using EPA- approved products.
- Use of props limited whenever possible. Any class items or props used (yoga mats, balls, dots, etc.) will be cleaned before and after every use.
Communications & Reporting
- Signage is located throughout the site to remind personnel to adhere to proper hygiene, social distancing requirements, appropriate use of PPE, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
- Email communication Frequent online communication sent to staff and patrons regarding COVID-19 related updates.
- Upon Arrival All staff and patrons will be required to complete a screening upon entering the building and will be notified in advance.
- Response & Reporting Staff members have been trained on how to respond to and report any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the premises to local health officials.
- Suspected Case Staff members or patrons who are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 while at the Dancewave Center will be instructed to immediately notify the COVID Compliance Officer (indicated at front desk) and will be safely ushered from the facility.
- Positive Case If a positive case is communicated to COVID Compliance Officer or any other Dancewave staff, the facility will be closed for deep cleaning and all parties that may have been exposed will be notified.
New York City and Statewide COVID-19 updates (click here)
Government Mandates per State (click here)
New York State Reopening Phases (click here)
Daily Health Data from NYC Schools (click here)
Center for Disease Control COVID Reopening Guidelines (click here)
OSHA Guidance for Reopening Workplaces (click here)
Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments (click here)