Dancewave will continue to operate in accordance with guidance and recommendations issued by the CDC and the NYC Department of Health, creating a culture of health and safety by taking preventative actions towards the spread of COVID-19.
Outlined below are the three stages of Dancewave operations for the 2020-2021 School year.
STAGE 1: VIRTUAL ONLY OPERATIONS ○ Effective currently
As an indoor, high-activity recreational facility, the Dancewave Center is not yet cleared to reopen to the public. Visit forward.ny.gov for up-to-date information about New York State Reopening Phases.
Dancewave will launch its Fall Semester of Youth and Adult classes 100% virtually via Zoom.
- Virtual Youth Fall Semester dates: September 26, 2020 – January 16, 2021.
- Registration period with virtual $10/drop-in Trial Classes: August 31 – October 9
- Tuition will be paid on a semester basis (no full-year tuition option for 2020-2021).
- Youth classes outside of Dancewave Company will not include a performance opportunity. Dancewave Company students will culminate the Fall Semester with a Virtual Performance.
- Youth tuition scholarships will be available. Click here to learn more.
- Virtual Adult Fall classes will be announced in September.
STAGE 2: HYBRID VIRTUAL/ON-SITE OPERATIONS
Only after NYS officials issue an executive order specific to gyms and indoor recreational facilities will Dancewave be able to initiate reopening of the Dancewave Center for partial on-site activity with a limited number of students based on updated capacity guidelines. Hybrid operations will allow students to continue classes virtually or to participate on-site at the Dancewave Center.
Dancewave will schedule a Virtual Town Hall (estimated in January 2021) with families to discuss in detail the following procedures in our Hybrid or On-site Operations:
- Contactless payment systems
- Entrance & exit protocols
- Check-in & drop-off procedures for youth and families
STAGE 3: FULL ON-SITE OPERATIONS
Only after NYS officials have deemed it to be safe, Dancewave will increase the number of on-site students to the fullest capacity allowed by CDC and NYC Department of Health guidelines. Dancewave intends to continue Virtual participation as an option for some, if not all, of our classes when we begin full on-site operations.
DANCEWAVE REOPENING SAFETY GUIDELINES
The following is a summary of actions and preventive measures outlined in the Business Safety Reopening Plan by the NYS Department of Health that has been adapted to fit the specific needs of the Dancewave Center. The summary below has been created to support our community while we continue to refine our reopening plan in accordance with CDC guidelines, and executive orders from local, state, and federal Government officials. Dancewave will continue to update changes to our reopening plan on our website.
Dancewave Staff is here to provide support to our patrons and answer any questions you may have about new health & safety procedures and policy changes. If you have questions or concerns at any time, feel free to email us.
Employee & Patron Health Safety Measures
- Occupancy As per current capacity limitations, the Dancewave Center will operate under a 25% capacity for all activities in the facility.
- Trained Staff An extensive and thorough Staff training has been conducted prior to reopening.
- Personal Protective Equipment Masks and gloves will be issued at no additional cost to Staff members, students and families as needed
- Mask Requirements Masks are required in the communal lobby areas & restrooms by Staff & Patrons. Masks are encouraged to be worn in the studio but are not required, as physical distancing will be enforced in the studio.
- Physical Distancing floor markings will denote recommended 6ft social distancing to be followed in communal areas, and 10ft distancing to be followed in the studio space
- No-touch policy to limit the spread of viral germs. Students are discouraged from touching Studio mirrors, curtains, and equipment while in the space.
- Hygiene stations for personnel will be provided including handwashing with soap, water, and paper towels, or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing 60% or more alcohol for areas where handwashing is not feasible.
- Hand Sanitizer dispensers containing 60% or more alcohol will be placed at contact areas such as the reception area, lobby area, studio entrance etc.
- Health Screening Mandatory health screening assessment for all staff and patrons before entering the facility, covering: temperature checks, COVID-19 symptoms, domestic & international travel in past 14 days, and level of exposure to COVID-19 in past 14 days.
Redesigning our Space
- Discontinued common areas Communal spaces and functions will be taped off, including common area chairs, tables, and water fountains.
- Ventilation Concentrated indoor air will be reduced with use of supplemental fans, increased circulation with our HVAC system, and propped open doorways when suitable.
- No Touch Infrastructure automatic touchless faucets, hand dryers, and toilet flushers and water bottle fill station.
- Flow of traffic Floor markings will direct Patrons in one-way system and travel routes.
- Entrance & Exit Dancewave facility floor plan and egress routes redesigned to accommodate social-distancing needs. Only one patron moving through an entrance or exit at a time.
- Signage throughout the site to remind staff and patrons to adhere to proper hygiene, social distancing rules, appropriate use of PPE, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Hygiene and Sanitation requirements enforced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and NYS Department of Health (DOH) will be maintained through daily routine cleanings and weekly deep-cleanings. Each cleaning will be documented with date, time and scope of cleaning.
- Cleaning Procedures Dancewave studio and high-touch areas will be thoroughly disinfected after each studio use between classes and reservations with strict use of EPA-approved cleaning products.
- High-touch areas disinfected and documented hourly by a Staff member using EPA- approved products.
- Use of props limited whenever possible. Any class items or props used (yoga mats, balls, dots, etc.) will be cleaned before and after every use.
Communications & Reporting
- Signage is located throughout the site to remind personnel to adhere to proper hygiene, social distancing requirements, appropriate use of PPE, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
- Email communication Frequent online communication sent to staff and patrons regarding COVID-19 related updates.
- Upon Arrival All staff and patrons will be required to complete a screening upon entering the building and will be notified in advance.
- Response & Reporting Staff members have been trained on how to respond to and report any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the premises to local health officials.
- Suspected Case Staff members or patrons who are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 while at the Dancewave Center will be instructed to immediately notify the COVID Compliance Officer (indicated at front desk) and will be safely ushered from the facility.
- Positive Case If a positive case is communicated to COVID Compliance Officer or any other Dancewave staff, the facility will be closed for deep cleaning and all parties that may have been exposed will be notified.
New York State Reopening Phases (click here)
Daily Health Data from NYC Schools (click here)
Center for Disease Control COVID Reopening Guidelines (click here)
OSHA Guidance for Reopening Workplaces (click here)
Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments (click here)