Effective March 7, 2022
Following New York City Mayor Eric Adams’s recent announcement, NYC businesses or non-profit organizations with indoor entertainment are no longer required to require vaccination as part of the Key to NYC program.
As an eligible organization, Dancewave will comply with NYC city guidance, which strongly encourages but does not require patrons to show proof of vaccination for entry. Dancewave holds the health and safety of our community as a top priority, and as such strongly encourages all patrons to participate in the COVID-19 vaccination program for their individual and collective health and well-being.
Dancewave remains committed to providing uninterrupted service to all members of our community regardless of their vaccination status, and will continue to provide in-person and virtual participation options for all programs.
The following is a summary of actions and preventive measures that have been adapted to fit the specific needs of the Dancewave Center.
Employee & Patron Health Safety Measures
- Personal Protective Equipment Masks will be issued at no additional cost to Staff members, students and families as needed
- Mask Requirements Mask wearing is strongly encouraged for all individuals visiting the Dancewave Center and is required for all Dancewave staff including Teaching Artists.
- No-touch policy Refrain from touching studio mirrors, curtains, and equipment while in the space. Staff can assist with these items if needed.
- Hand Sanitizer dispensers containing 60% or more alcohol will be placed at contact areas such as the reception area, lobby area, studio entrance etc.
Redesigning our Space
- Ventilation Concentrated indoor air will be reduced with use of supplemental fans, increased circulation with our HVAC system, and propped open doorways when suitable.
- No Touch Infrastructure automatic touchless faucets, hand dryers, and toilet flushers and water bottle fill station.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Hygiene and Sanitation requirements enforced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and NYS Department of Health (DOH) will be maintained through daily routine cleanings and weekly deep-cleanings.
- Cleaning Procedures Dancewave studio and high-touch areas will be thoroughly disinfected after each studio use between classes and reservations with strict use of EPA-approved cleaning products.
- Use of props limited whenever possible. Any class items or props used (yoga mats, balls, dots, etc.) will be cleaned before and after every use.
Communications & Reporting
- Signage is located throughout the site to remind personnel to adhere to proper hygiene and appropriate use of PPE.
- Response & Reporting Staff members have been trained on how to respond to and report any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the premises.
In the event that a vaccinated stakeholder tests positive, we are requiring that they enter a 5-day isolation period, followed by an additional 5-day mask-required period.
- New policy: Persons who have had recent confirmed or suspected exposure to an infected person should wear a mask for 10 days around others when indoors in public and should receive testing ≥5 days after exposure (or sooner, if they are symptomatic), irrespective of their vaccination status.
New policy: Should we become notified of a positive case (fellow student or student’s family member), we will implement a mask requirement for all students enrolled in said class, following CDC guidelines (currently 10 days for those vaccinated).
New York City and Statewide COVID-19 updates (click here)
Government Mandates per State (click here)
New York State Reopening Phases (click here)
Daily Health Data from NYC Schools (click here)
Center for Disease Control COVID Reopening Guidelines (click here)
OSHA Guidance for Reopening Workplaces (click here)
Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments (click here)